Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cover Letters

After reading the material on cover letters, I found out a lot about what a company is looking for in this document, and how many times it can be misconstrued to hurt you in job search rather than help you.

I think that the material was very helpful in providing a view of the cover letter from an employer's perspective. It explained how it is often not even read, and gave details on how to modify a cover letter to being one of your main selling points. The tips on a p.s. at the end were really helpful, because I didn't know that that could be used in such a formal document. I will begin to use these tips in my internship and job searches to put me in a better position to get a job. I will probably print out the sample cover letter and use it as an example to write my own for the mock interview, and for job searches in the future.

This information was very helpful to me, especially now that I am searching for an internship for this upcoming summer. I will take these tips and put them to good use.

No comments: