Friday, March 14, 2008

Lying on Resumes

After reading the article about lying on resumes, I was stunned at the overwhelming evidence to support that over half of the job force lies on their resumes. This is a lot of people, and this means that there are many people in the job force today that are filling positions that they may not be qualified for.

Since outsourcing and loss of jobs has become more popular today, I assume that this is the cause for all of the lying and cheating. I think that people try to gain an edge on competitors by putting an extra degree or job on their resume, and when they do it they don't think it's terribly wrong.

While it is bad that so many people lie on their resumes, I can sort of understand why they do it. People are only wanting to better themselves financially, and this can be their last resort. While wrong and illegal, I think that these people mean no harm. I also think that these people should face consequences, but people must realize that they are just human beings trying to get somewhere in life.

No comments: