Sunday, March 30, 2008

Free Topic

As this week is a blog topic of my choice, I figured that I would talk a little bit about my Internship plans and interviews for this coming summer.

I went to the job fair at Littlejohn and gave out probably 10 resumes. I spent a lot of time on my resume, and I was sure that I would at least grab the attention of some respectable construction companies. I have heard back from probably 5 of of them, but most were either on the other side of the country or with a company that I was not really interested in.

I have two main leads for an internship this summer. I have been accepted for an interview at Fluor, which I hope to do well in. I would give anything to get my foot in the door in a huge Fortune 500 company such as Fluor. With their tradition and success, this would be a great starting point for my career as a project manager for a construction company.

A second company that I have interviewed with is Yoder's in Fair Play, SC. They are a local, family owned company that is on the rise. They are in the supply business, and working with them would help me gain valuable knowledge and experience with a well-run and professional company.

I am very interested to see where I end up for this coming summer, and I am sure that wherever I work I will benefit and become a better worker and student because of it.

No comments: